Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year, Happy Trees!

Happy New Year, my darlings!

Back to the trees. Since I haven't been out there too much with my own camera lately...but since it seems appropriate to start the year off with some breathtaking tree imagery...I have looked no further than National Geographic, since their photography is never anything short of fantastic. Feast with your eyes, as I have. These trees are enough to make you certain of a spectacular 2012.

(I've listed the photographer under each image. Click the caption text to go to the Photo of the Day page where it was found, and for photo descriptions).

Reader submitted National Geographic Photo of the Day, September 23, 2011. Photograph by Petr Cunderlik.

Reader submitted National Geographic Photo of the Day, November 10, 2011. Photograph by Kent Shiraishi.

Reader submitted National Geographic Photo of the Day, April 14, 2011. Photograph by Giuliano Mangani.

National Geographic Photo of the Day, May 17, 2011. Photograph by Frans Lanting.

Reader submitted National Geographic Photo of the Day, June 27, 2010. Photograph by Christiano Pessoa.

Reader submitted National Geographic Photo of the Day, December 18, 2010. Photograph by Amnon Eichelberg.


There you have it. Delicious photos, splendid trees! Top to bottom, these trees live in: Czech Republic, Japan, unknown, Namibia, Brazil, and Tanzania.

Bring on 2012!

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely images from around the globe.
Thank goodness for National Geographic.

Karen said...

Thank you for sharing these enchanting pictures of amazing trees from around the world. How stark our world would be without these magnificent works of nature. Beautiful!

Funky Find said...

Lovely shots!

Denise said...

amazing pictures!!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

I love trees, too. So glad I found your site with such lovely photos! I feel so sad when I see them being cut down.

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't remember when last I paged through a National Geographic, they still choose wonderful photos.

georgi said...

Beautiful photography...nature is a great subject, who doesn't love to see unusual trees, plants, sky, etc.?

Ash-Matic said...

Nice. This is so much better than a blog about bloody cats.

Sarah said...

Love the first pic, so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Congratualations. What great pictures. Thank you so much for these wonderful pieces of our big-small world :)

Forest Keeper said...

Trees are absolutely amazing! Than you for these awesome pictures!

Eve said...

Absolutely love your blog! Can't wait for more trees ;-)

Eloise said...

What great pictures! I love trees!

Di Monique Novaes said...

Muito bonito seu blog e de muito bom gosto, amo arvores...

Beijos
Visite: http://dinovaes.blogspot.com

QPT said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy's Worlds said...

Amazing Pictures!

The Girl with One Painted Nail said...

Hey, just wanted to say I enjoy reading your blog! Feel free to check out mine, I'm fairly new to blogging, and just posted a post about trees, go figure. :) http://dancinginbowlingshoes.blogspot.com/

AJ said...

really awesome pics, I Love Greenery Espeacially Trees....

antigonum cajan said...

You may enjoy Rex Vicat Cole, a master landscape painter. His books are available through the web.

After studying what he had to say about the anatomy of trees, my perspective and focus about this subject changed.

Trees are more than this or that.

oil painting gossip said...

Very nice post,All the pictures are beautiful.I like your blog very much.Bookmark your blog and sharing with my friends.

Unknown said...

Great pictures!

Unknown said...

cool =.=

M said...

You should blog more often.. I'd love tp see your own latest clicks!

RustyNeurons said...

For the first time, I hopped blogs - (i honestly never checked random blogs) and look where I landed!
This is a wonderful, novel blog and I love your tree pictures. It is really amazing. I realize I may be late in commenting (I dont see the writer active)but I do wish, you will continue to post.

Android-Tipp said...

First Pic, so amazing.

Anonymous said...

all the photos on your blog are so beautiful and inspirational!

YOUka*
http://ryuryumi.blogspot.jp/

Anonymous said...

all the photos on your blog are so beautiful and inspirational!

YOUka*
http://ryuryumi.blogspot.jp/

Unknown said...

Beautiful trees on ur blog.....will surely love to paint these images :)

Andy said...

I like all photos in this post,so amazing

Unknown said...

Lovely pics...:)

Unknown said...

http://tree-species.blogspot.com/2012/09/lodgepole-pines-after-forest-fire.html#comment-form